Monday, July 16, 2012

Amelia's Journey To Fit Chick

15% Off Any Meal Plan




Before deciding to get into the best shape of my life I was super depressed with very little confidence. Before I had my babies I was very fit.  I was pregnant for 2 years straight and thats when I gained all of the weight!

The moment I decided to get fit and healthy was after my oldest son's first birthday. My friend had taken a pic of me sitting on my husband's lap . I was mortified when I seen how big I was. I felt as if I was this super fit person trapped in a fat suit that I couldn't get out of. So I looked in the mirror and it hit me like a ton if bricks! Being obese isn't a permanent thing! It can be fixed with healthy eating and exercise so why wasn't I doing that! That's when once I got permission from my doctor ( after having my second son) that I was able to work out I started and never stopped!

My first step

I was 279lbs so my knees and other parts of my body hurt me. So I decided to start with nutrition first. I eliminated anything processed, I cut down on sugar, only drank water and 1cup of coffee. I ate every 2-3 hours and portioned my meals making sure that what ever I was eating was fuel to my body and not junk!

I have faced many obstacles through my journey physically, mentally, emotionally. It was so draining at times but what got me through  was keeping my eyes on the prize- which was my goal weight. I kept reminding myself that if I stayed consistent it would happen, but to be patient because it does not happen over night!

Workouts

At my heaviest (279lbs) I started out with the beachbody programs such as The Brazil Butt Lift and p90x. I am also a Zumba instructor and a dancer so that was/ is my cardio. My favorite way to train is using the tabata method. Being a mother of 2 babies under the age of two I was always short on time. I never wanted that to be an excuse so I turned to the tabata method. It's a 4 min intense workout that consists of 8 reps 20 sec of the exercise and 10 sec rest. Interval training is also what I did as well .

My meal plan -

I am truly a picky eater so I definitely had to learn to love certain foods. I started off with replacing a meal with a protein shake, eating small healthy meals every 2-3 hours to speed up my metabolism, never ate pass 7:00 pm, ate super clean meaning no processed foods and eating food that fuels my body not satisfies it temporarily like high calorie junk food!

The proudest moment

My proudest moment happened just recently I had lost 105 lbs! I started to cry happy tears. I remember at my heaviest my goal seemed so far away and so impossible but I proved to myself that with hard work, consistency, and dedication the impossible became possible.

My heaviest was 279lbs I now weigh 175. I am 5'9 and I am also a dancer so for my athletic goal weight I have about 10 lbs to go to be at 165.



My advice to you

Fit Chicks , never give up! Keep your eyes on that goal and never let go of that ! Stay consistent , know that it is not going to happen over night but with consistency it WILL happen. Also, think to yourself Why Not You! Why not be at your best at all times,Why not be the healthiest and fittest you have ever been, Why Not? Also know that there are going to be obstacles. There will definitely be days when you will slip. But thank God there's always a new day, a new start. When you get off track just get back up on the right track.

Words to my former self

If I could say anything to my former self it would be " Amelia keep your head held high. You are beautiful and you will get there. Your story is going to help and inspire so many other people to get healthy and fit so keep doing what you are doing and never stop!"


Did you find Amelia's story inspiring? Like and Share this story!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is a great inspiration to me thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I hope I get this comment right ha ha. I am new to this one. Great job girl I am soooo proud of you. Your motivation and inpiration is a gift to others. This is hard work very hard but the end result is the best. The gift you give to us is sharing your journey of success and showing us that anything is possible as long as you put your mind to it. Keep up the good work I am cheering for you. You got this

    ReplyDelete