Thursday, June 21, 2012

Amanda Dawley's Journey to Fit Chick




January 2011 I weighed 304 lbs. (My Highest Recorded Weight)





"There is no price  I could ever put on regaining my life back."


my name is Amanda, I am 26 years old. From 2004 to 2011 I put on approximately 144 lbs. I have two kids and a loving husband that I felt I was letting down daily due to my size and restrictions that it created. I couldn't fit on roller coasters or rides and sitting at booths were becoming impossible. After a series of events in my life such as the ones noted above I decided I need to regain my life/freedom back.

This world wasn't really created for overweight people. So from January 2011 to September 2011, I started dieting, and signing myself up for 5ks. Slowly finishing them at 45 minutes BUT FINISHING them!

In September of 2011 I was given a tool that would help me achieve my goals of becoming healthy! (RNY Gastric Bypass) The day of surgery I was 277 lbs. The surgery gave me portion control. I had to start making changes in my life as to how I would get 80 grams of protein a day. This has been a lifestyle change that I have transferred to my family as well. I don’t cook separate things for myself and feed them something different. We have a lean meat, fresh veggies from the garden or farmers market, and a whole grain carb. (Which most times I just stick to the protein and the veggies) I knew once I lost the weight I needed to form habits that “healthy” people have.

 Exercise was the #1 thing. The gym was very overwhelming to me, considering I had never been introduced to half of the equipment that was housed in that building. All I knew was the treadmill and elliptical, and after about 15 minutes I was bored of both. I knew I had to find something I enjoyed and was passionate about. Well I have found it! GROUP Classes! I started going to Habitat Fit which is a Group Boot Camp style fitness place. I loved it there and felt so sore after working out that there was no question if I got anything out of my workout. That then made me want to see what other group fitness would be of interest. I went to my local gym and tried a spin class and LOVED IT! I have lost a total of 122lbs and have 20 lbs to my goal weight that would put me in a healthy BMI.

These 20 lbs have been a fight! My attack is doing boot camp on Monday and spinning on Tuesday and Thursdays. I have tried a class called “Body Combat” which is a mixture of boxing/karate moves that was interesting and something different. I am living the dream of being fit and healthy. Every day that I wake up sore from the previous day’s workout just reminds me that I am pushing my body to the limit and I don’t ever want to lose that feeling! There is no price I could ever put on regaining my life back!



*Are you a fit chick?  Or are you on a journey to becoming one? Share you story! Email me @Fitchicks01@gmail.com! I'd love to hear from you!*






Tell the world your a fit chick with a t-shirt! Custom made fit chick tee's are now available!
The products in this online shop are printed by Spreadshirt, the platform for custom t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment