Monday, July 9, 2012

Jenn's Journey to Fit Chick

15% Off Any Meal Plan

Q:What was your starting weight?

**This is hard to answer accurately! When I decided to lose weight and get fit, I was pushing 160 lbs. I am currently 131 lbs.

Q:What was life like before you got fit? Where you always in shape- or did you struggle with weight gain, and dieting? Did you have low self esteem?
**I was ALWAYS fit! I come from a long line of athletes! I played fast pitch softball for 10 years, and never had a weight problem even after my first two children were born! When I got pregnant with my third child, I was 30 years old and retained way too much fluid! One week after she was born, I went into Congestive Heart Failure. I was 199 lbs at that point (all fluid). I have never had low self esteem but I did have a lot of worries in general. My downfall with my weight was Dr. Pepper! I love(d) drinking Dr. Pepper!

Q:What was your moment? When did you decide enough was enough?
**My wake up call came when my son, Brennan, left for Parris Island for the Marine Corp boot camp. When I received his first letter (about two weeks in to his 13 weeks of hell), I read..."every day here is like a near death experience." I literally felt myself go into a dark place and depression sink in! It was that day I contacted Megan because Brennan trained with Megan for two years at a local Box. I explained to her that I could not afford to go to a Box and that I wanted her help in getting fit and strong before I attended Brennan's graduation!

Q:Were there any obstacles you had to overcome? Negativity? Haters? Self doubt?
**I've always surrounded myself with positive people!! The only obstacle I had to face, was ME! I had to commit 110%, and I'm still at it 1 1/2 years later! Along with 35 other amazing women!

Q:Who introduced you to crossfit? What was your first impression of crossfit? Where you intimidated? If so how did you over come that fear?

Jenn and Brennan
**My son, Brennan. He began training at a local Box when he was 16 in preparation for boot camp. I use to think....why the hell are you addicted to this stuff! Your hands are ripped and your body is beat to shit! Then I went an watched him compete and I thought....that's my kid and now I totally understand! I was not intimidated once I saw what CrossFit actually was! It is my drug of choice and I'm totally addicted!

Q:What has crossfit done for you? Not just physical but in your overall wellness.
**CrossFit has made my soul pure! CrossFit has made me more patient! CrossFit has made me have a softer, kinder heart! CrossFit is where I take out my frustrations and worries! CrossFit made me drop 30 lbs and 4 pant sizes! CrossFit made me strong! In 5 months, I was doing kipping pull ups! I've NEVER been able to do a pull up!

Q:Tell me about your eating habits- Have tried any fad diets? What works for you?

**For the most part, my family and I eat very clean! We eat a lot of veggies, fruit, fish and chicken! We all stopped drinking soda and drink only water. My family and I also take Advocare supplements. We drink Spark (our energy drink) and we take Catalyst! We also drink Advocare Replacement Shakes (blended with frozen fruit and spinach)! If I crave something, I do not deny myself my craving, but I don't overindulge either!

Q:When did you decide to start your own Crossfit box? Any of the "house" members have a transformation you are particulary proud of?

Some of the members of  The "house of oorah"
**I don't have my own Box.....YET! I became a Level One Personal Trainer last year and have about 35 ladies/friends that have joined me in this journey. The HOUSE is full of amazing stories! These ladies and gents have ALL touched my heart and are FAMILY to me! I can't just pin point one story, because they all deserve to be mentioned. Without them, there would be no HOUSE!







Aimee, Jennifer, Brennan, Brian, and Rebecca
Q:Who inspires you?

**My husband - he has always been fit and strong! He is 42 years old and his heart and physique still give me butterflies! My son, Brennan - our son has done more in the last year than most of us have done in the last 10 years! Brennan's faith in my to open a gym/Box makes me very proud! My daughter, Rebecca - she is out in the garage with me everyday at 5:30 p.m. doing the same workouts we are doing and she motivates my ladies! She is strong from the inside out and I love it! My daughter, Aimee - Aimee belted out 4 strict pull ups the other day (she does not work out) and looked at me and grinned! Boom....we have three strong children who are also very amazing!!!! ALL of the HOUSE members INSPIRE me daily!!!  I cannot forget my best friend- without Megan training me and guiding me I would not be where I am and I am forever grateful for her!


Q: What advice would you like to offer the fit chicks?

**Never give up! Never look back! Give yourself one year to make that change! Getting fit literally gets you strong from the inside out! It makes you have a pure heart! An honest heart! You will develop haters along the way and they are not important! You will develop new friendships that are going to last a lifetime! Always be true to yourself on this journey! Once you start...do not stop! TRUE GRIT will get you where you want to go....and then some!

Would you like to contact Jenn and her bestie Meg? They have a page WOMEN OF CROSSFIT=STRONG
If you are interested in trying Advocare Products like Jenn please go here: AdvoCareBodyFuel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment