Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Danielle H's Journey to Fit Chick


  Meet Danielle Harvey! I love her positive attitude and her spiritual strength. Check out our Q & A!

What was the deciding factor in your decision to get fit?

 Honestly, when I got on a scale and it read that I was over 200lbs. I had never been this heavy before in my life. I also began to have health problems, such as frequent acid reflux, sleeplessness, and fatigue.


What did you do to loose the weight?

My chiropractor introduced me to a program called Loving Works  out of Ann Arbor, MI, that his colleague and his wife had tried. I went to a seminar that he was having at his office, and I knew that it was a perfect fit for me. The testimonials were unbelievable, so I knew it couldn't hurt for me to try, so I did.

How much weight have you lost?

From October 2010-March 2011 I have released about 45 lbs...I have lost a little more than 10 inches from my overall body as well.


Have you had any difficulties on your journey to get fit? If so what were they?

 Getting past my self image has been one of the most difficult things to overcome in my weight loss journey, because even as I dropped dress sizes, I still saw the same overweight person in the mirror. Another challenge was not over indulging in my crave foods, but learning to moderate their intake, and offsetting them with healthier alternatives.

What's your diet like? Does being a Seven day Adventist contribute?

I transitioned for the Loving Works program in March 2011, and since then, I make sure that I eat 5-6 small meals per day, and if I crave something, I eat it, but in a smaller portions. I stay away from fast food because all of the additives in it are designed for you to gain weight. Being a Seventh-Day Christian has helped me greatly in this journey because the health message encourages the consumption of clean foods such as chicken or fish and the avoidance of alcohol, and unclean foods like pork, shrimp, etc. It also encourages regular daily exercise, so I work out for approximately 90 minutes, 4 days a week.

What kind of advice do you have for the fit chicks?
 My advice to my beautiful fit chicks is to first know your worth. You are created in God's image, so you should treat our body with the love and respect it deserves. Also, avoid fad diets...and understand that you are not just making a choice to lose weight, but to live a healthier lifestyle. On your journey, you may fall off your path, don't dwell on it! Get right back on track and move forward to your goal. Lastly, a healthy body begins with a healthy mind. Read your Bible daily, pray, and only do activities that will glorify God.

Thank you Danielle for being so strong! I love your attitude, and your love of GOD. You are an inspiration, and now a "FIT CHICK"





*Like this shirt?  Click the picture to go to the Fit Chick t-shirt shop!  Support us by purchasing a shirt!
10257941-20667871

No comments:

Post a Comment