Monday, June 18, 2012

Theresa's Journey to Fit Chick




My journey began at 185-190 lbs.  I had gained weight with my first pregnancy, and didn't get it all off before I got pregnant with my second child.  A year after having my 2nd I was heavier then I ever had been.  Growing up I always struggled with weight, but I never really considered exercise "fun" and I thought starving myself was the only way to lose weight. 

When I hit my highest weight I was so disgusted with myself, so I went back to Weight Watchers for like the 5th time, It helped for a bit, but what really got me going was rekindling my love for running. I started entering 5k's and then a 6 mile run and then finally I did a Sprint Triathlon, in Sept of 2011. I was also going to the gym 5 days a week doing 1 hour long group classes.  At this point I had managed to lose 20 pounds and around the same time someone introduced me to Myfitnesspal.com, so I joined and started tracking my calories instead of "points".  I stalled out for a few months, and didn't see any loss or gains.  Then I found my true love- Interval Training!!  I came across Bodyrock.tv on someones pinterest board and checked it out, and I was hooked!  At first I couldn't believe that only a 15 min workout a day could really help me achieve my goals, so I was doing the body rock workouts along with my hour long classes at the gym.  I didn't really start to see results again until I dropped my gym classes and and only did interval training 5 days a week. 

Just recently I added in Weight training sessions two times a week; per the advice of the lovely Fit Chicks community.  Now I Rotate between Fit Chicks workouts, Zuzanas ZWOW's, Git fit naturally, bodyrock, and basically anything else that looks challenging to me!  

Currently I am 146 LBs and i'm wearing a size 8 in jeans :)).  I am 11 lbs away from my goal.  I never thought i'd be able to say that!

My before picture was around 15 months ago, and my after was about a week ago (modeling my size S t-shirt, which i don't think i ever been able to put on a size small)
So that's my story, its been a long journey but I have learned so much a long the way; not only that my food choices is more then half the battle but that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to because I am a strong beautiful woman and I am Worth It!


*To check out more about Fit Chick Workouts Click (here).*



 

No comments:

Post a Comment