Monday, June 18, 2012

Bobbie C's Journey to Fit Chick

Bobbie Corliss is one my favorite fit chicks! She's so inspirational and a fighter! She's humble too, that's what I love the most about her. she's so great, and doesn't even realize how great she truly is! Just look at the pic! I did a little Q & A Session with her check her phenomenal journey:

What was the deciding factor or the reason you got fit?

"I decided to do something about my weight because I was tired of being unhappy. I was taking several medications for depression and anxiety and I just had enough."


What's your diet like? " It has been a very slow process, I don't follow any particular diet. I just eat what I enjoy but I have learned to enjoy everything in moderation. I love my measuring cups and food scale. I do have go to foods that I eat almost everyday, light whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana slices forbreakfast. I am a creature of habit."

How often do you exercise?

"I try to exercise 5-6 times a week for at least a hour. My go to exercise is running. I love running!!! Since I started running I am no longer on antidepressants or any other medication. My runs are my time just me and my thoughts, running gives me time to clear my head and destress."

How many 5 k's (marathon's) have you completed?

"I have completed 17 5Ks, 7 this year alone. I have also completed a 8K, 2 10Ks, and a 10-miler already this year. I am registered for 4 more 5Ks and a half-marathon for this year."

How do you deal with any disappoinments during your journey to wellness?

"Life is all about set backs and my weightloss hasn't been any different. I have lost motivation and gained weight back several times over the past few years. But it wasn't until I decided to just let it happen on its own that it has really happened for me. I am just happy being active and the up side to it all is that the weight is coming off. While the process is slow it has been an opportunity for me to grow. I am now happy with who I am and what I have accomplished."

Do you have any advice for the fit chicks?

" If I had to give one piece of advice, it would be find something that you enjoy. Don't think of exercise as some form of torture because when you find something you love to do it makes the whole process a lot easier. Whether its Zumba, runner, walking, whatever it is if you enjoy it you will look forward to doing it and even make time to do it...NO EXCUSES!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment